School & Community Services
School and Community Services develops all strategic internal and external communications, which are created and promoted through a variety of formats each with the goal of supporting the mission and vision of Waterford School District.
The department also strives to provide accurate and timely information to the public and prides itself on managing a comprehensive communications and marketing plan that fosters and builds strong relationships within the community.
School and Community Services works to uplift Waterford School District's story through a variety of methods such as:
- Event creation and planning
- Executive speech writing
- Media engagement
- Print publications
- Social media
- Video production design and development
- Website design and management
Peachjar Electronic Flyer Distribution
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting e-flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
Submit a Flyer for Distribution
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit Peachjar Website
- Register as an Enrichment/Community Organization (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. Please contact Kellie Brosamer with Peachjar with any questions at email@example.com.
Waterford School District Board of Education Policy Relations with Special Interest Groups
Distribution/Posting of Literature
No outside organization or staff member or student representing an outside organization may distribute or post literature on that organization's behalf on District property either during or after school hours. The Superintendent shall establish administrative guidelines which ensure that:
- the school mail system is not used by students or staff for distribution of non-school-related materials;
- no materials from any profit-making organization are distributed for students to take home to their parents; unless authorized by the Superintendent or designee;
- the time, place, and manner of distribution of all non-school-related materials is clearly established and communicated.
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Should not imply Waterford School District’s endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
Advertise in Our Stadium
Become an advertising partner with the Waterford School District. Thousands attend events at Kettering and Mott stadiums each year. You can achieve your marketing goals and objectives by purchasing a banner or placing an electronic message on our scoreboard.
This website, and all of its sub-websites, are owned and operated by the Waterford School District (WSD) Administration and Staff. For best performance and use of the WSD website, please use the following browser types: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge. The website is structured to directly reflect all policies and procedures set forth by the Waterford School District Board of Education. Waterford School District has the right, at any time, to change or discontinue any feature or aspect of this website, for any reason; that is, without limitation, availability, or equipment needed for accessing and utilizing this website.
Terms and Conditions of Use
The utilization of this District website, school websites, or individual departmental websites is governed by the policies, terms, and conditions set forth (Terms and Conditions of Use). Please read them through thoroughly and carefully. Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of each of the Terms and Conditions of Use. The Waterford School District reserves the right to modify this site in any fashion at any time as well as these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Copyright and Trademark
This website contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information including items such as photography, video, graphics, text, software, and forms. Each of the items mentioned prior, are subject to United States Copyright laws. You may NOT modify, publish, display, transmit, or subject yourself to the transfer or sale or in any form, exploit the content that exists on this website or that of any affiliates.
The data, information, materials, and services provided on this website are for the use to benefit the students, parents, members of the Waterford Community, and beyond. Changes or modifications to pages, structure, or procedure may incur at any time on this website. The materials on this website are provided in an “as is” state, without warranties of any type, either expressed or implied to the largest extent permissible to the applicable law.
You shall not upload, e-mail, post, or make available in any other fashion, any material on this website that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other laws; that is, without direct permission from the absolute source (WSD Administration or the WSD Webmaster.)
Disclaimer of Warranty / Limitation of Website Liability
Agreement: You shall agree that the use of this website is at your sole risk. The Waterford School District, its affiliates, or any other organization or members, therein, shall not incur any responsibility for your use of this website. The Waterford School District is not liable for any negative impact that is incurred to any one individual’s computer.
Limited License: The Waterford School District website, and all sub-websites are for educational use. Unless otherwise expressed, you may not modify, copy, distribute, re-distribute, transmit, display, use, publish, license, create derivative material from, transfer, or sell any information or content contained anywhere on this website or any sub-websites, via direct or indirect means.
Post of Content
The Waterford School District reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted to, or posted on the website. Without limitation, the Waterford School District shall have the right to remove any material that the Waterford School District, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable, with regard to the standards of policies and procedures set forth by the Waterford School District Board of Education.
Modification of Terms
The Waterford School District has the right to, at any time, change, or modify the terms and conditions applicable to the use of this website and that of any sub-websites. Such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means necessary in order to provide the most accurate and effective information possible.
Summary of Agreement
Each of the prior Terms and Conditions of Use validates the entire agreement between the Waterford School District and you, as the user or visitor of the Waterford School District website. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use take affect immediately.
Should you have any questions, comments and/or concerns with regard to the information presented in this document or that of any other document, please direct your inquires to the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow a response time of twenty-four (24) hours.
Thank you for participating in the discussions on our Facebook/Twitter (X)/Instagram/LinkedIn page(s).
As a follower of the Facebook/Twitter (X)/Instagram/LinkedIn page(s), you have the ability to post comments. Please adhere to the following guidelines when commenting:
- Be courteous, productive, and exercise mutual respect for others’ opinions. Avoid comments that are profane, offensive, defamatory, negative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable.
- Do not post comments that are off-topic.
- Do not post the same comment multiple times, or otherwise distribute spam.
- Do not post personal information of any person other than yourself. If you choose to post your own contact information for any reason, please be aware that the information will be available to the public and is, therefore, subject to misuse.
- Assume that all postings on the page will be publicly available on the Internet and therefore publicly accessible without limitation or protection of any kind.
- Do not post material that promotes or advertises a commercial product, solicits business, membership, financial, or other support in any business, group, or organization, except those that are sponsored by Waterford School District.
We comply with all federal and state regulations regarding the online safety and privacy of minors. We will not knowingly post, solicit, or communicate in any way through our Facebook/Twitter (X)/Instagram/LinkedIn page(s) with children under the age of 13.
Comments posted on the Facebook/Twitter (X)/Instagram/LinkedIn page(s) do not in any way reflect the opinions of Waterford School District.