School & Community Services
School and Community Services provides a variety of integrated services including strategic internal and external communications, multimedia such as web, audio, video, printed publications, marketing, and advertising.
The Department manages a comprehensive communications & marketing plan that builds, promotes, and supports two-way mutually beneficial relationships between the Waterford School District and the Waterford Community. The Department strives to provide accurate and timely information to the public it serves regarding achievement, District initiatives and programs, budget priorities, bond and millage campaigns, and special events. School & Community Services also provides many integrated services that benefit the schools and community. Those services are, but not limited to, health & wellness, facility usage, pool & fitness centers, performing arts centers, and community education programming.
Peachjar Electronic Flyer Distribution
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting e-flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
Submit a Flyer for Distribution
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit Peachjar Website
- Register as an Enrichment/Community Organization (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. Please contact Kellie Brosamer with Peachjar with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waterford School District Board of Education Policy Relations with Special Interest Groups
Distribution/Posting of Literature
No outside organization or staff member or student representing an outside organization may distribute or post literature on that organization's behalf on District property either during or after school hours. The Superintendent shall establish administrative guidelines which ensure that:
- the school mail system is not used by students or staff for distribution of non-school-related materials;
- no materials from any profit-making organization are distributed for students to take home to their parents; unless authorized by the Superintendent or designee;
- the time, place, and manner of distribution of all non-school-related materials is clearly established and communicated.
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Should not imply Waterford School District’s endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
Advertise in Our Stadium
Become an advertising partner with the Waterford School District. Thousands attend events at Kettering and Mott stadiums each year. You can achieve your marketing goals and objectives by purchasing a banner or placing an electronic message on our scoreboard.
School & Community Services