Waterford Teen Health Center
Quality Health Care
Waterford Teen Health Center offers primary care and preventive services to 5-21 year-old residents of the Waterford School District and surrounding communities, and up to 26 year-old residents with special needs. Our medical team delivers individual, private health care ranging from preventive health services, treatment of injuries and illness, sports physicals, and counseling. Plus, accessing health care is easy; the Waterford Teen health Center is located within the Waterford Community.
Affordable Health Care
Payment is based on each student's household income, making our health care services affordable. No one is refused care at the Waterford Teen Health Center due to household income or insurance status. Assistance in applying for Medicaid is also provided to uninsured families.
Hours and Location
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed daily from 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
Please call before your visit. Same day appointments are available.
Services and Information
- Diagnosis and treatment for acute and chronic illnesses and/or injuries
- Comprehensive physical exams for school, sports and camp
- Vision screenings and referrals
- Oral/dental screening and referrals
- Basic laboratory services and tests
- Pregnancy testing and referrals*
- Sexually transmitted disease testing, treatment & counseling*
- HIV testing and referrals*
- Referrals for specialty services
- Individual, family and group counseling*
- Mental health referrals*
- Substance abuse prevention, education, screening and referrals
*Current Michigan law allows for confidential services to minors in these areas without parental permission. Waterford Teen Health Center does not give out contraceptives or provide abortion counseling.
You may have your student vaccinated at the Waterford Teen Health Center. Please call for an appointment or more information at (248) 674-4876.
Parental consent is required for all students under the age of 18 in order to receive most services. Emergency care, crisis intervention, and confidential services, according Michigan Minor Law, do not require parental consent.
Fees for Services
Services are provided at a low cost. Third party insurance may be billed. No student will be denied services because of inability to pay. The Waterford Teen Health Center can also assist uninsured students in applying for Medicaid.
Waterford Teen Health Center consists of:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Assistant