Emotional Health & Wellness
- Call 911 if you or the person you are helping is in immediate danger
- 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
800-273-8255 (TALK) or Text “Hello” to 741741
- 24-hour Common Ground Crisis and Suicide Hotline: (800) 231-1127
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)
- 24-hour Michigan Mental Health Hotline: 1-888-535-6136
Press "8" to talk to a Michigan Stay Well counselor
Michigan Mental Health Hotline for COVID-19 (Operates10am-2am)
Michiganders in Oakland County and the Upper Peninsula will be able to call, text, or chat with MiCAL for free behavioral health crisis triage, support, resource information and referral to local services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. MiCAL can be reached via phone or text at 844-44-MICAL (844-446-4225). Chat is accessed through Michigan.gov/MiCAL.
- Operated by Common Ground, with over 50 years of crisis services experience.
- Available to all Michiganders with mental health and substance use disorder needs regardless of severity of need, insurance status, or ability to pay.
- Integrated with CMHSP crisis services including after-hours crisis line coverage, care coordination protocols, and the activation/dispatch of in-person crisis services.
- MiCAL is available for persons in need, a concerned family member or friend, or a helping professional.