- Call 911 if you or the person you are helping is in immediate danger
- 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255 (TALK) or Text “Hello” to 741741
- 24-hour Common Ground Crisis and Suicide Hotline: 800-231-1127
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)
- 24-hour Michigan Mental Health Hotline: 1-888-535-6136
- Press "8" to talk to a Michigan Stay Well counselor
- Michigan Mental Health Hotline for COVID-19 (Operates 10am - 2am)
- 888-PEER-753 (888-733-7753)
- SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357); Suicide & Crisis Lifeline- dial 988
Michiganders in Oakland County and the Upper Peninsula will be able to call, text, or chat with MiCAL for free behavioral health crisis triage, support, resource information and referral to local services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. MiCAL can be reached via phone or text at 844-44-MICAL (844-446-4225). Chat is accessed through Michigan.gov/MiCAL.
- Operated by Common Ground, with over 50 years of crisis services experience.
- Available to all Michiganders with mental health and substance use disorder needs regardless of severity of need, insurance status, or ability to pay.
- Integrated with CMHSP crisis services including after-hours crisis line coverage, care coordination protocols, and the activation/dispatch of in-person crisis services.
- MiCAL is available for persons in need, a concerned family member or friend, or a helping professional.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Michigan Mental Health Resources - If you’re feeling emotional distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic, get free, confidential support from a Michigan Stay Well counselor.
Common Ground Website - Largest Mental Service Provider in Oakland County.
Julie's List - Find the resources and assistance you and your family need while in the privacy of your home.