Waterford Senior Center
Welcome to the Waterford Senior Center. Welcome to a celebration of aging. The Senior Center is a division of the Waterford School District but works very closely with Waterford Township, Area Agency on Aging 1B, and its members. The mission of the Waterford Senior Center is to provide a focal point in the Waterford community for services, programs and activities associated with healthy aging.
The Waterford Senior Center offers something for everyone! Whether you are looking for a recreational activity or a human service program, we encourage all Waterford seniors to stop by and take a look at what the Center has to offer.
Meals on Wheels
What are Meals-on-Wheels?
The Meals-on-Wheels program provides a tasty, hot, nutritious noon-time meal to Waterford’s homebound seniors. The program is based on individual nutritional needs, not income. The hot noon meal provides one third of average daily nutritional requirements. Optional cold evening meals, frozen weekend meals, and Ensure liquid meals (with doctors prescription) are also available. Another benefit is a daily reassurance visit from our dedicated volunteer drivers. The Meals-on-Wheels program is administered by the Waterford Senior Center.
How does it work?
You may order meals to be delivered Monday through Friday between 10:30 am and 1:00 pm. A volunteer driver will deliver the meal right to your door!
Who is eligible for the meals?
- A person must be 60 years or older.
- Must be homebound; does not leave the home under normal circumstances.
- A person must be unable to obtain food or prepare complete meals.
- If there is no adult living at the same residence or in the vicinity that is able and willing to prepare all meals.
- The persons dietary needs must be appropriately met by the program.
- The person must be able to feed themselves.
- A person must agree to be home when meals are delivered, or contact the program when absence is unavoidable.
But what about the cost?
The meals are provided to you on a "donation only" basis. This means that it is your decision as to whether you are able to pay for the meals or not. The amount of $3.00 per hot meal is suggested.
Great! How do I get started?
Call the Waterford Senior Center at (248) 682-9450. Before you know it you’ll have a meal at your door!
Donations and Gifts
Private support involves gifts given to the Waterford Senior Center by people who are committed to supporting the members and the community. Our thanks to those donors whose generosity helps us recognize, fund, create, and provide innovative programs for our seniors. Motivations for giving are varied. Many individuals view their support as a means of accomplishing personal goals. Some give simply because they view their support as a good investment. Others value the services, programs, and activities associated with the Waterford Senior Center.
Perhaps your motivation is to:
- Remember someone you love or respect
- Maintain an interest in your community
- Demonstrate your leadership and support for the Waterford Senior Center
- Support your financial or estate planning through philanthropic tax advantages
You too can provide support by giving to the Waterford Senior Center: